My "method" of scoring games is quite simple, really; just think of it as a reverse five-star system. Under said system, more stars equals a higher quality, using my ratings, fewer middle fingers equals a higher quality. As an example: A game that scored 3 stars would receive 2 middle fingers under my system. Simple and (highly) appropriate!
For reference:


Photobucket Photobucket
There isn't a whole lot to say about "Player Wins" or myself, to be honest. I created this places as a means of conveying my thoughts and feelings on the only thing in the world I'm passionate about - video games.

Ratings and You!

Posted by Paul Friday, April 17, 2009

So, as opposed to my work on The Internauts, I've decided to employ my own little rating system here on Player Wins, and it's fairly easy to understand. I'm not going to rate a game like everyone else would, using higher numbers, letters or amount of inanimate objects to portray quality, oh no.

On my scale, the less a game scores, the better! I've decided to use the always prevalent, always appropriate middle finger to get my point across. Essentially, I'm going to be running on a reverse 5-star rating system. What this means is that the fewer fingers a game receives, the better the quality.

Another thing I should probably explain is the "Current Rating" score for the games I'm featuring as "Now Playing". This rating isn't my final stance on the game, and is intended to be used as a kind of gauge for how I feel about the game as I progress. For instance, if I find myself enjoying a game immensely from the start, it will most likely be receiving a low middle finger ratio, but as I continue to play, and my feelings towards the game (inevitably) sour, that ratio may possibly rise. For games I've finished but are still playing, I'll have a final rating, but may not always have an accompanying review.

All in all, I think it's a simple and entirely suitable system, so get used to it!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Do you love video games? Do you also hate stuff about video games? So do we, so this place is probably for you! Join us as we take a look at various things that may or may not interest you.

Tales of Vesperia

PJ - Xbox 360
Current Rating: 2 Fingers

Persona 3

PJ - PS2
Current Rating: 1 Finger

Ninja Blade

PJ - Xbox 360
Current Rating: 3 Fingers

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Ken - Xbox 360
Current Rating: 0 Fingers

Ratchet & Clank Future

Ken - PS3
Current Rating: 1 Finger

Sonic Chronicles

Ken - DS
Current Rating: 2 Fingers